Saturday, November 24, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to the first posting of Have Stitch Will Travel, the blog.  My hope is that you will find all kinds of great needlepoint information as well as ideas for finishing.

I was teaching in Montgomery for The Needle Bug last week and we had the best idea for a gift for the guy in your life.  We needed a gift for a new husband who loves to go duck hunting.  So between myself and the precious bride to be, we came up with this idea.  Take a belt canvas and stitch is as usual.  Remember not to stitch with very bright colors.  Then you will use the Binding stitch to attach the 2 long sides together.  Next you are ready to send it to your favorite local needlepoint store and have their belt finisher connect the 2 ends with leather and add a clip on the end to attach the duck caller.  We also thought of putting welting in the center as you connect the 2 sides to give it some substance.  Basically you have made a lanyard for your duck caller or scope.

Another great other use for a belt canvas!

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a hunter in my family so all belts I have stitched have been just belts. The latest one is a belt with elephants running all around it for the Alabama Crimson Tide. Our son wore it today and loves it, which thrills me! I do love the picture frame that is on your background. What is it? I am really glad you're blogging, you have so much to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia,

    I love what you write on your blog (and the designs and stitching you do) but I find your font very hard to read. It is so thin that there is not enough contrast and the uncharacteristic upper/lower case words all of the same height also make it difficult. I hope you understand that this comment is because I want to enjoy your blog, not as a complaint. As a former user interface designer, I realize you will probably not get specific complaints, just a drop-off of uncomfortable readers, who will miss the many good ideas you have to offer.

    ReplyDelete