Thursday, November 29, 2012

Great Lesson Learned!

So it has been 1 week since I began this blog.  Still love the idea!  This past week I have been painting lots of canvases getting orders ready and getting new designs for market in Feb. 2013.  Can't wait for market!

Wait, I got side tracked!

Several weeks ago I ran into a friend from high school who stitches.  She came to one of my classes that I hold weekly at Needlepoint This here in Dallas.  It was fun to see her, had been a very long time.  Anyway, she has started needlepointing and needed some guidance.  Well, fast forward a few weeks and she brought the piece in this week with her initials that she had put on the canvas herself.  I had told her how to do it but she did not have the correct pen.  So when she came to see me it was rubbing off on me and everything else.  What a mess!

So after long discussions we worked out a plan of how she might save this canvas.  I have to say that she always had a positive outlook, I had my doubts.  Wish all my customers would or could have the same outlook.  Anyway, she sent me pictures of the piece as she was working on it.  Could not believe it all came out. As she blotted the front to remove the ink the back was acting like a wick and soaking up all the ink.  Back was a bigger mess than the front.

Bless her heart, she worked and worked on it and got it all out!  She told me that she lives by OxyClean!  That and a small sponge is how it all came out.  So the most important lesson to be learned is to make sure that you use an Ultra Fine Sharpe or acrylic paint when designing or changes a canvas.

Happy Stitching & Have Stitch Will Travel!
Julia


No comments:

Post a Comment